SPONSORED PARENT TEMPORARY VISA (SUBCLASS 870 )
A parent of an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen who qualifies may enter Australia for a period of three or five years with this temporary visa. One may also apply for further visas to stay in Australia for a total of ten years.
- Be the Parent Sponsor's biological, legal (including adoptive), step-, or parent-in-law
- Be older than 18 years old.
- This visa does not require an assurance of support or a balance of family test.
- If you are granted Permission to Apply in Australia, you must lodge your visa application within 60 days of the sponsorship approval.
- You must have access to funds with proper documentation and documentation of health insurance.
There should be no pending public health debts, and you should meet the requirements for national security, health, and character.
Places available for Sponsored Parent Visa
Each year, up to 15,000 Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visas may be issued, ensuring that many families will be able to reunite. This will significantly impact numerous Australian families. Process There are two steps to getting an 870 Visa: Prior to submitting a visa application, you must:
- Apply for a Parent Sponsor and get their approval;
- Submit your visa application within six (6) months of the Parent Sponsor's acceptance.
Eligibility for 870 visa subclass
- The parent sponsor's biological, adoptive, step- or parent-in-law parent;
- Who must be an eligible citizen of Australia, an Australian permanent resident, or both
For this visa, there is no balance of family test or Assurance of Support requirement.
Subclass 870 visa Requirements
- Sponsors must have taxable income of no less than $83,454.80.
- The sponsor/parent relationship requirements (i.e., a parent must be the sponsor's biological, adoptive, or step-parent, and a step-parent may only apply if they are still married to or otherwise legally associated with the sponsor's biological parent);
- Age requirement: 18 years or older.
- Be an eligible New Zealand citizen who has lived regularly in Australia for four years and is an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Have fulfilled any prior responsibilities for sponsorship
- Keep negative information to a minimum unless it is feasible to ignore it.
- Do not owe any money to the Commonwealth or to the public health system unless the necessary payment arrangements have been completed.
- A minimal threshold for household income (determined by the sponsor's income, or by the sponsor's income plus the incomes of their spouse/partner and/or any additional children of the sponsor)
- Present police clearances for any nation they have lived in for a total of more than a year in the previous ten years.
- Consent to the disclosure of information to the visa application. Additionally, sponsors must consent to uphold their commitments to the parent(s) they are supporting.
Sponsored parent (temporary) visa applicants must:
- Be sponsored by a parent sponsor who has been given permission to do so.
- Have a minimum age of 18
- Ensure that you can pay your bills
- Present proof of health insurance.
- (Unless appropriate arrangements have been made to repay the debt) • Not owe any money to the government for health care
- Meet the standards for national security, morality, and health.