PROSPECTIVE MARRIAGE VISA (SUBCLASS 300)
People who are engaged and intend to wed a qualifying citizen of Australia, an Australian permanent resident, or of New Zealand may be given a prospective marriage 300 visa. The visa entitles holders to a stay in Australia of 9 to 15 months during which time they may apply for the Partner (subclass 820 and 801) visa.
- Your potential spouse must sponsor both you and everyone who applies for a visa with you. The immigration officer must approve of the sponsor.
- The minimum age requirement to apply for a visa is 18.
- You need to be in good physical and moral condition.
- If you've had a visa denied or revoked while you were in Australia, you might not be eligible for this visa.
- Both when you submit an application and when the visa is approved, you must be outside of Australia.